Sunday 29 July 2012

Sewing creativity


I re-discovered my love of sewing after deciding to make a bunny rug for my lovely friend.  I don’t think I’ve pulled my little Janome out in probably five years, but it was just so refreshing and invigorating to reawaken that creativity.

I’ll try to add in a photo shortly of the finished bunny rug.  Now, I’m no quilter, so I very much made it all up, but it was absolutely divine in the end.

Which of course led me to dig out all those old half-finished or never-started projects, I’ve almost finished a simple princess line with  gorgeous side panels, and then I dragged out another simple, straight dress design for work. 

I also found an idea for turning an old men's shirt into a pencil skirt.  I can't locate the website where I found it, but google it, and I'm sure you'll come up with some ideas.  I confess, it's not quite as simple as I imagined it, but I'm still working on it.  

So, I am sewing up a storm.  

Chicken soup for the soul!!

No comments:

Post a Comment