Sunday 4 August 2013

Paralysed

Do you ever feel paralysed by uncertainty, or fear, or just sometimes not even knowing where to start.  Not sure what is on the other side of what you're trying to do.

I get stalled in starting my little projects around the house.  Perhaps a need to control the outcome, perhaps an uncertainty around what success should look like - or perhaps a fear that if 'it' is completed, then 'it' doesn't need me anymore, that I am obsolete.  I often wonder if that is why I keep clutter.  The idea of sitting in a simple, uncluttered hotel room is attractive to me for a period, but honestly, the idea of doing it forever actually makes me feel uncomfortable.  Empty.  Wrong.

How do you get started when you're in this state of paralysis - I'm sure we've all been there.  Sometimes the task that we're undertaking is so huge that the first step is just insurmountable.  We need to call in the troops.  Phone a friend, as Eddie would say.  Sometimes it is that huge that we need to be surrounded by people who know.

Sometimes I just need to put on my big girl panties and just do one thing.  Just spend five minutes and then the next five minutes will be easier, and the next will be easier again.

Don't ever be too scared to rally the troops.  In helping others we help ourselves.


No comments:

Post a Comment