Saturday 12 October 2013

Can't Talk. Busy Camping.

Yup, school holidays were here and there must be camping.  Son C piked out, him being of that 13-year-old boy variety, so it was just my Mum, Miss M, her boyfriend Chris and I.

It was a great couple of days, I got to talk to my Mum a lot about plants (i.e. the Perpetual Bonsai Experiment) and she got to whinge about my Dad and brother.

We camped down on the southside of Brisbane, my uncle has property down there - it was the family farm that he inherited.  We fished, cooked, walked and generally relaxed.  I'm sure you're dying to know if I caught anything, and yes, I caught a tree three times. :-)

We really love camping - having all joined Scouts for many years, you kind of have to like it in that environment!!  It's an inexpensive way to get the kids outdoors and away from the computer, the family together, and cook and relax around an open fire.  And who doesn't love a fire?

Of course, it's expensive to establish yourself at first.  We've been lucky to go camping with friends until we started going on our own, so I knew what equipment I wanted, and I just made do with stuff, and purchased piece by piece until we are now fairly self-sufficient.  I've even developed a Master Camping List so that I can grab everything in a few minutes if we decided to do a spur of the moment trip.

I have a favourite camping ground down at Aratula, south-west of Brisbane.  Do you camp?  And where are your favourite spots?


No comments:

Post a Comment