Friday 5 July 2013

A Bit of a Stroll



I got up off my (ever-expanding) butt and finally made friends with the MapMyWalk app.  I pressed the record button and listened intently to my instruction to begin walking.  I live on a reasonably large block, which takes me exactly 30 minutes to circumnavigate on foot.

The app tracks your walk via GPS and then kindly spits out some statistics for you at the end.
It told me that I had walked 2.61km and burned 101 calories.




What the?  101?  I had done it, man, I had given up my afternoon and traversed my suburb in search of good health and fitness and what do I receive?  A measly 101 calories.

Maybe I’ve watched too much Biggest Loser?  I wanted to see big numbers, man!!

I have no particular weight loss goals, I guess I’m one of those fortunate people who can eat what they want without gaining a lot of weight.  Ideally, I’d like to lose 2kg, but it’s really less about the numbers, more toning up that jiggly tummy and bum that arrived a few years ago.  I quit smoking two years ago (yay!) and re-discovered my love of McDonald’s ice cream sundaes (no so yay).  A half hour of exercise three times a week keeps those wolves at bay!

So, yet again, like my de-cluttering project, slow and steady is going to win this race.  My shoes are laced, the sun is shining, who’s walking with me?

No comments:

Post a Comment