Friday 28 June 2013

New Beginnings

I feel like I say that so often, it should be the title of this blog, hey? ;-)

Son C and I travelled to Fraser Island recently with a few other families for a gorgeous week-long holiday.  I'd never been there before, and I had absolutely no idea what life on a sand island was going to be like.  We debated a few times our preference as to retiring on an island, or out in the country.  I think a sand island would be a great novelty, but ultimately, I'm a country gal at heart. :-)  Give me a roaring fire and Tim McGraw. :-)

But, I did make my way down to the beach one morning to join the resident dingoes to watch the sun rise over the magnificent Pacific Ocean.  It was - hmm, not peaceful, that wasn't the word - but I felt at one with the ebb and flow of life, with the rushing of the waves hitting the beach, the slow movement of the clouds as they passed in front of my rising sun.  I sat on the beach and thought of the many people that have passed through my - our - lives and those that have stayed to join me, and those that left their mark and moved on.

I know, I know, a bit sappy for this Saturday afternoon, but I am thinking of old friendships and new beginnings today.

This was my sunrise. :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment